Monday, May 31, 2004

Stupid Is As Stupid Does

That would be the overall theme for the night when describing my play. I was determined not to let Party pick my table so I scouted out three possibilities and joined the waiting lists. Being promptly seated I played one orbit. The next table became available and since a known fish was at that table I decided to bail and join the new one. In the one orbit of play at the original table I did get involved in one pot and was down 2BB.

At the new table I was just horrible. I was not playing anything like myself and within an hour I was one pot away from hitting my stop loss. Fortunately I snapped out of it and hit a good run of cards. Looking back at the play I can’t for sure say what happened. It looked like I was on tilt but I had no reason to be. I did read an article earlier in the day about “Ram and Jam”. Maybe subconsciously I was trying to do this, but if so I’m not very good at it.

Seeing my buy-in dwindling to nothing must have snapped me out of it. I started laying down hands and combined with a good run I was able to squeeze out a profit for the night. The hand that turned it all around for me also was the biggest pot seen at the table while I was there. A woman I would describe as a possible “rock” raised preflop and if I didn’t have position I would have folded. Luckily I did not and the rest is history. (it also helped that mr. fish was in the hand)

Big Pot Of The Night

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: lifesagrind is Button with Jc, Tc.

UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 (fishy) calls, MP2 (Mrs. Rock) raises, CO calls, lifesagrind calls, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 [color:purple](fishy)[/color] calls.


Flop: (9.50 SB) 7h, 9c, 8c (4 players)

fishy bets
, Mrs. Rock calls, CO calls, lifesagrind raises, fishy calls, Mrs. Rock calls, CO calls.


Turn: (8.75 BB) Ad (4 players)

fishy checks, Mrs. Rock bets, CO raises, lifesagrind 3-bets, fishy calls, Mrs. Rock folds, CO calls.


River: (18.75 BB) 3h (3 players)

fishy checks, CO checks, lifesagrind bets, fishy folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB

CO shows As 6s (one pair, aces).

lifesagrind shows Jc Tc (straight, jack high).

Outcome: lifesagrind wins 20.75 BB.

Table One – 9 minutes, -2.25BB, -15BB/Hr, 10 hands
Table Two – 125 minutes, 10BB, 4.8BB/Hr, 139 hands
Total – 134 minutes, 7.75BB, 3,47BB/Hr, 149 hands

Also another week has come and gone. I’m still satisfied with my 1/2 performance overall. I hope to be able to start leaving some of my profits in the account soon so I can move up another level.

Week Ending Numbers
9.3 hours, $11.73/Hour, 590 hands, $109.13 for the week