Wednesday, May 19, 2004

The Continuum

I didn’t have time to write an update yesterday but Monday and Tuesday were spent at the 1/2 table’s of PartyPoker. I’ll get to the write up in a moment but first I would like to pass on what I think is a hell of a bonus. I heard about this while reading Decker’s Journal. Poker Source Online is offering a free 300 11.5g chip set for signing up with Aztec Riches. On top of that Aztec is offering a 50% bonus. I’ve deposited a $100 for my $50 bonus. I’ve decided I want the chips more than the money so I’m going to play 2 tables of .50/1 until I reach my 250 hands for the chip set. If I make money off of the $50 then that’s further bonus, but I just want to get the 250 hands out of the way though so I can get the chips.

Monday Night – My first night of Party 1/2. I didn’t find the play much different than at UB except maybe a few more players playing any A and staying till the river w/ second pair. This night was for getting a feel of the tables and I was concentrating more on how the players were reacting than working my cards. I would have finished up a few BB’s and I only have myself to blame for not doing so. I had to get up early Tuesday morning for a field trip with my son’s class and I wasn’t watching the clock. I wanted to see if I could push a new player to the table off his hand when I found myself heads up holding what I believed to be the second best hand. He wouldn’t fold though and I lost my little profit. When I realized what time it was I just called it quits and ended the night as close to even as one can get. (without actually being even that is)

Tuesday Night – Now here we go. I found hand after hand hitting me when I first sat down and within 9 hands I was up 16BB. I went loose and within the next 7 hands I was down 3BB from my original buy in. This little wake up call brought me back to reality and I started playing my normal game. I had a few good runs of cards and never dropped below my original buy in again. In fact I doubled my buy in before leaving the table.

I’m torn between which site I should spend most of my time. It appears that playing either one will be profitable. I still have some bonus points at UB I need to convert but I end up playing against the same players much more often there. This may hurt me in the long run if people start to adapt to my play. I know I’m supposed to switch things up,and I try to, but fresh meat always seems more appealing. Party provides this but suckouts will happen more often there. Party will probably get more playing time from me, but UB may be my new weekend hangout.

Monday – 77 minutes, -.25BB, -.39BB/Hr, 77 hands – another minutes match hands anomaly.
Tuesday – 117 minutes, 25.75BB, 13.21BB/Hr, 126 hands

Finally had a pot that seemed big enough to mention.

Big Pot Of The Night
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: lifesagrind is Button with Td, Ad.

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, lifesagrind raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO 3-bets, lifesagrind calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.



Flop: (12.50 SB) Ts, 4h, 5h (4 players)

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets, lifesagrind raises, BB folds, UTG+1 3-bets, CO caps, lifesagrind calls, UTG+1 calls $1 (All-In).



Turn: (12.25 BB) 6d (3 players, 1 all-in)

CO bets
, lifesagrind calls.



River: (14.25 BB) Jd (3 players, 1 all-in)

CO bets
, lifesagrind calls.



Final Pot: 16.25 BB


UTG+1 shows 7h Ac (high card, ace).

CO shows Th Kc (one pair, tens).

lifesagrind shows Td Ad (one pair, tens).

Outcome: lifesagrind wins 16.25 BB.