Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Back In the Saddle Again

I haven’t posted in a few days because my weekend play was crap. I took a night of to regroup then came back last night with a healthy win.

Saturday – 63 minutes, -17.13BB, -16.31BB/Hr, 77 hands. I had a few pots I shouldn’t have been in but overall I just wasn’t getting any cards to help me. Sometimes the cards don’t fall your way and this was one of those days.

Sunday:
Table One – 44 minutes, -4.88BB, -6.65BB/Hr, 50 hands. Things weren’t going my way on this table so I decided to quit and look for greener pastures. For the most part I was holding my own but since the table was full of tight players we were just feeding off of eachother.
Table Two – 176 minutes, -13.13BB, -4.47BB/Hr, 194 hands. Mediocre hands, bad beats, and disinterest. That pretty much sums up the table and the night.

Monday: All important day off. The more I thought about it I was playing on Sunday night because I felt I had to, not because I wanted to. That meant I needed a night off.

Tuesday – 122 minutes, 34.32BB, 16.88BB/Hr, 117 hands. I admit that the cards fell my way at the right time and the bad beats were few and far between, but I felt like I was back in the groove. With three loose players and everyone else a rock it was pretty easy to know what to do and when to do it. One particular loose player fed everyone at the table for quite a while. After the loose players left though we began turning our attention on each other. When this happened it seemed like a good time to leave and call it a night.

Big Pot of the Night
This occurred on Sunday night. The night was bad but this hand was good. I have no idea what my opponent was thinking. We were heads up after the flop and this guy was certainly not paying attention. Perhaps he was trying to push me off the hand but since I lead out betting the flop it wasn’t a very smart play.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: lifesagrind is SB with 8c, 8d.

UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, lifesagrind calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9h, 2c, 4s (6 players)

lifesagrind bets
, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 6h (3 players)

lifesagrind bets
, MP2 raises, CO folds, lifesagrind calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 8s (2 players)

lifesagrind checks, MP2 bets, lifesagrind raises, MP2 3-bets, lifesagrind caps, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

lifesagrind shows 8c 8d (three of a kind, eights).

MP2 shows Kc Qs (high card, king).

Outcome: lifesagrind wins 19.50 BB.

I still have not rec. any book recommendations. Don’t any of you read? :)