Friday, May 07, 2004

Blast From the Past

Well it appears that going back to my roots and only playing one table at a time is paying off for me. I’ve missed a days post due to lack of time so I’ll post stats for both days. I’m short of time today also so I’ll keep this brief.

Day 1 – 76min., +14.25BB, 11.25BB/hour, 72 hands
Day 2 – 104 min., +3.5BB, 2.02BB/hour, 100 hands

Day 1 looks more impressive than day 2 but I was up 15BB on day two at one time before playing it down to 3. I had a great loose player on my right that blew his stack but then reupped and started hitting everything. I was cursing myself for not leaving earlier and taking the bigger profit but I’m on a 5 day win streak so I’ll take it. My record is a 9 day streak which I did back in March so I’m looking to top that. Since it’s Friday I’ll be moving to the tables at Absolute tonight. This combination of switching it up worked well last weekend so I’m hopeful that it will continue.

I’m going to eliminate the bad beat posting since this happens to everyone. Unless something just horrendous happens I’ll leave it out. I enjoy reliving the big pot’s though so if I have one of note I’ll still list it.

Big Pot of the Night

Happened on Day 1 and I’m trying a hand converter to save some time and make things cleaner.
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: lifesagrind is UTG with 9h, Jh.

lifesagrind calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.



Flop: (4 SB) Ts, 7d, 8c (4 players)

SB checks, BB checks, lifesagrind bets, CO raises, SB folds, BB folds, lifesagrind 3-bets, CO calls.



Turn: (5 BB) 6c (2 players)

lifesagrind bets, CO raises, lifesagrind 3-bets, CO caps, lifesagrind calls.



River: (13 BB) 6d (2 players)

lifesagrind bets, CO raises, lifesagrind 3-bets, CO caps, lifesagrind calls.



Final Pot: 21 BB

Results

lifesagrind shows 9h Jh (straight, jack high).

CO shows 9s Ac (straight, ten high).

Outcome: lifesagrind wins 21 BB.

As a side note I have decided to change my partypoker alias to “lifesagrind”. Stop by and see me…but be nice.

|