Friday, June 30, 2006

July Half As Goals

Filed Under: Poker

It's the end of the month and time to review my Half As goals. I may as well spout some new ones as well.
Half As Goal #1:
June: Win a multi-table tournament - Didnt' happen. Made 3 final tables but couldn't seal the deal this month. That extends my win drought to 2 months. I had several other money cashes which contributed to my 3rd best month in tournaments cash wise.

July: Win a multi-table tournament - May as well stick with this one till I get the monkey off my back.

Half As Goal #2:
June: Satellite my way into one of the Full Tilt Winner's Choice tournaments - Didn't even try this. I should have researched a little before making this one. The only satellites they are running right now start at 11:30 pm and that's just to late for me. All the WSOP stuff going on has taken priority for them so I'll have to wait till next month to try this one again.
July: Satellite my way into one of the big Sunday tournaments going on at one of the major sites. I know that's a little vague but I'm not sure which site I want to try to play at right now. I need to look at the various satellites running at the various sites. Then I'll make my decision.

Half As Goal #3:
June: 100 table hours logged at the NL games. - Ended up with 92.97 table hours this month at the .5/1 NL tables. I would have hit the goal but this last week I decided to start playing shorthanded. It's new to me and I found I do much better if I only play one table at a time for right now. On the money front it was my best month at NL tables. I just about doubled my take from last month and I feel as though I'm finally coming into my own in the NL cash games.

July: 65 table hours at NL games - I'm really liking the shorthanded games right now and I'm not sure when I'll start adding multiple tables to my sessions. In consideration of that I'm going to drop my expectation for the next month and see how it goes.

Well that covers it. I ordered my copy of DoubleAs new book. Go to his site and check out the details.