Thursday, August 19, 2004

A Rut's A Rut (an exercise in whining)

Yeah that's right. My limit game is in a massive rut. I'm really starting to feel somewhat despondent about my limit play lately. I had a bad run back in early July but that was just a bad run. I recovered and went on a nice little run right afterwards. This time everything is different. I wish I could attribute this to a bad run, and maybe that's what it is, but its not acting like any I've had in the past. As I stated a week ago I went on tilt in a bad way. I was in the process of recovery, but the recovery is now marred in a massive tarpit and I don't have a line to pull myself out with. It seems that for every winning session I will have two down ones. The proverbial one step forward two steps back scenario.

In an attempt to shock myself out of this I'm going to quit playing limit games for the time being at Absolute Poker. The table selection is horrible and even though I've crushed the games there before it's just not happening this time around. I have funded my Pacific Poker account in anticipation of the blogger tourney this weekend so I'm going to move my base of operations there for the rest of the week. I haven't played there in a very long time and the venue change can't hurt me any. (famous last words)

(end whining)

On a positive note my single and multi table tournament play has continued to improve. I played another freeroll on Monday night and finished 35 of 1000. My best finish to date but I know I still have some things to work out. I find myself with to short of a stack in the endgame so I need to correct that before I can win one of these. After donating money to the limit tables last night I played two SNG tables and finished 2nd and 3rd. I was on track to win the first one but incredibly my headsup opponent made a straight and two full houses (he didn't even have pocket pair either time) on our final three all-in hands to take me out. I was just to tired to continue playing in the other one so I'm happy with the 3rd there.

I'm going to continue to play the freerolls and single table tournaments at Absolute but I'm going to look for greener pastures for my limit game. Sorry guys but you won't have me to kick around anymore. :)

P.S. for those of you who are interested my Pacific Poker handle is "hotlead". Say hi to me at the tourney!