Friday, April 21, 2006

The Sound of a Suckout

Filed Under: Poker


(Sung to the tune of Simon & Garfunkels The Sound of Silence)

Hello ring games, my old friend,
I've come to sit with you again,
Because a vision of slowly winning,
Left it's seeds while I was whoring,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
it was a lie
Within the sound of a suckout.

In restless dreams I clicked away
Narrow margins in array
’neath the halo of an LCD,
I turned my attention to the enemy
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of
A runner board
That split the hoard
And touched the sound of a suckout.

And in the lobby light I saw
Ten thousand players, maybe more.
Players betting without thinking,
Players clicking with endless energy,
Players making hands without a care
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of a suckout.

Fools said i,you do not know
Suckouts like a cancer grows.
Hear my words so that I may teach you,
Online pokers rigged and it might reach you.
But my words like silent mucking fell,
And echoed
In the wells of a suckout

And the players bowed and prayed
To the Poker Gods they made.
And the screen flashed out with warning,
In the hands that it was forming.
And the players said, the words of the bloggers
Are written on the chatroom walls
And mansion halls.
And whisper’d in the sounds of a suckout.