Friday, February 22, 2008

OMG?!? i could be wrong

In follow up to my previous post I have to say I just listened to the most disturbing poker podcast I've ever heard. This was the Feb. 21st episode of the Pocket Fives podcast. During the interview a player not only professed the virtues of smoking pot while playing, he practically encouraged it by saying most of the top players smoke.

I've never been a real big fan of this podcast but I will now never listen to it or visit their website again. The target audience for them are teen and young adult males so I consider the interview to be wholly irresponsible. If they want to claim journalistic integrity by not censoring the interview then they also need to present the other side and point out the dangers and side effects of the drug. The interviewee himself said he hadn't smoked for a few hours so he wouldn'tbe stuttering through the process.

Most of you may say, "who cares." But I've got to tell you, as a parent, that is some scary shit.