Thursday, May 04, 2006

Do you smell that?

Filed Under: Poker

That would be the smell of dogshit, which is the best way to describe the way I played tonight. I thought I was all psyched up and ready to play but my head just wasn't in the game. I dropped a buyin in the first two hands I played before the first orbit was even done.

This is what I'm sure sent me a little over the edge. I just wasn't paying attention to chip stacks and who was pot committed. I bluffed way too much and no one ever folded, unless I actually had a hand. I was playing with my hand face up at all times.

When you expect the worse, you always get it. I'm lucky enough that I know when to call it quits now. In the past I would have blown through at least 25% of my bankroll trying to get even. Now I managed to get away with only losing a little over 2 buy-ins.