Sunday, May 21, 2006

Does It Make A Difference?

Filed Under: Poker

Played the WPBT multi table tournaments tonight and it left me pondering the above question. You see during the first hour of both I played a pretty good game. I was firmly within the top 10 and making proper decisions. The break came and went then things took a slightly ugly turn. In one tourney I continued to play a good game and felt I had a decent grasp on all my opponents. On the other I couldn't make a good decision to save my life.

Once we hit the 1 hour 40 minute mark I managed to get my money in with the worst hand and out I went. In the other (my good tourney) I ran into three straight suckouts and I was out. I finished in 14th and 15th places. Times like that really make you wonder if it matters how you play sometimes.